The mission of St. Pius Elementary School is woven into every fiber of school life beginning at the PreK level. St. Pius Elementary School is, first and foremost, a Catholic faith during their years with us. Christian Doctrine is paramount to the school curriculum at St. Pius Elementary School. It is a natural component of school life and is integrated into our students' daily activity both in and out of the classroom. Each day at St. Pius Elementary School begins with school wide prayer. Prayer is continued during daily religion lessons and classes. Part of St. Pius' tradition is to continually remind the faculty and students that they are always in the "Holy Presence of God."
Liturgical and para-liturgical services become an important part of each student's life. All-School Masses are celebrated several times throughout the year with the entire student body in attendance. Weekly Masses are held in St. Pius X Church for first through eighth grades with classes having the opportunity to plan and participate in various ways. PreKindergarten and Kindergarten students gather in church each month to celebrate themed prayer services. Age-appropriate songs, responses and symbols are all used so students learn about their Catholic faith.
In addition to daily emhasis on Catholicism, Masses, Retreats, and Prayer Services, students participate in the following Feast Days and Religious Celebrations:
- Living Rosary: School-wide Rosary during the month of October
- All Saints Day: Kindergarten students dress as their favorite saint and process to the Church
- Blessings of Advent Wreaths to start Advent
- Holy Thursday Stations of the Cross
- Classroom Seder Meals
- Monthly Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- May Crowning: School-wide Rosary and procession of flowers to the statue of Mary
Service Projects conducted at either a grade level and/or at a school-wide level:
- Coats for Kids
- The Desormeaux House
- Collection of needed items for "Healing House"
- Food for the Poor
- Miles Perret Cancer Services
- Acadiana Outreach Center
- Operation Rice Bowl
- Fr. Glenn Meaux's Haiti Mission
- Family Missions Company